Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Donating my hair to Children With Hairloss...


KC Hoye donated her hair today!
Donate Your Hair!

I'm walking from Boston to Washington DC, this entire process has been about shedding. Preconceptions, possessions, and now my hair. 


I recently moved out of my apartment, gave away or threw out most of my possessions, and am couch surfing until I roll out on this fantastic journey.




Today is July 31st 2012, I've been planning for months to cut my hair and donate it to anyone other than Locks of Love. I looked into Bald Girls Do Lunch, (amazing support group for Alopecia sufferers operating out of New York) when I finally settled on Children With Hair Loss.

"Children With Hair Loss was created as a resource for ALL CHILDREN who have medically-related hair loss. It is our mission to empower these children to become whole again by making hair replacement available to those who may be financially challenged and might otherwise not have a means of obtaining the hair they want and need."


Step one, tie up the hair... 
First step tie up the hair, pose.
Hey!


 Step two, snip snip...

Step two, cut hair just below the first binding closest to the scalp.
It begins...

Step three, photographic evidence of Kentucky Passport. For posterity.

Step Three: Take picture of mullet for posterity
Mullet

Step four, the mourning period. There is no hair, only bald young padawan.

Step Six: Take picture of self looking like burnt out padawan
The horror

Step five, strategical clipper usage to make me look like less of an escaped mental patient. (No offense to escaped mental patients, I just have my own thing going)

Step Five: Take picture of self prior to clean up
Pre-clean-up fuzziness


Step six, Donate my freshly sheered locks to Children With Hairloss, because frankly sustainable non-profits fucking rule. In case you didn't know, Children With Hairloss provides wigs for kids with Alopecia, until they reach the age of 21. Funds received go to the non-profit and extra hair is turned into, you guessed it folks, wigs.


Step Six: Take picture of self making silly face.
Done!

To my very dear friends that live with this condition and suffer in silence, I'm here for you. I've got your back... and scalp, covered.

Always remember that I love you very much.
xoxo - The Management 

No comments:

Post a Comment