Wednesday, August 8, 2012

21 Days and Counting, 22 Days of Walking

Fuckin' Trumpet Kehd

I woke this morning to the sound of trumpets, or rather a trumpet. 


"My head hit the pillow at 5:30AM this morning, only to wake promptly at 10:00AM to the sound of intern Tyler practicing his trumpet."  


Having spent the evening catching up on yesterday's delayed blog posts, organizing new website projects, and (finally) checking my mayfirst email account saw me at loose ends around dawn. I knew I'd be up to my eyeballs in interns and writers coming in for training.  What with a Working Class Wednesdays appearance this evening on OBR at 8:00p looming, an early morning nap was in order.

**The fun doesn't to stop there, Jay Geary host of Public Indecency on UNregular Radio requested that I come in and talk the walk, as well as discuss where the hell my hair went.

My head hit the pillow at 5:30AM this morning, only to wake promptly at 10:00AM to the sound of intern Tyler practicing his trumpet. The only thing that could make this situation "right" was the Regal breakfast special.  I shuffled across the street said "hi" to the ladies and ordered the usual omelet and home fries.  Significantly more alert after a dose of Regal cold press and a 1/4 lb of eggs and meat in my tummy, I was ready to roll out on another day shuffling content around the internet.

One of the mayfirst alerts that came up was via ACTMA.  In line with taking back our economy, and responsible economic practices there's a seminar at The Democracy Center in Cambridge on Thursday night.

“GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK!”
Thursday 7:00-9:00 pm, at the Democracy Center, 45 Mount Auburn Street, Cambridge

Old and new faces from Occupy, ACT-MA, as well as Carmine Gorga and Peter Bearse are getting together to discuss ways we can free up cash that's stuck in the stock market.  Stop by on Thursday night! - In solidarity with FSU

Also a huge thanks to Saucy Entertainment and Gym Flow 100 for sponsoring my feet on this walk.

Tune into Occupy Boston Radio tonight at 8:00PM for Working Class Wednesdays with John Dwyer, I'll be on the air talking walkabout.  I'll also be on Public Indecency tonight at 9:00PM with Jay Geary and Jackie Soriano talking Children With Hairloss, #opwalkabout, and the great bald entertainers of our time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment