To avoid the risk of misinterpretation, here's the wiki definition of "Charitable Organization"
Please peruse the legal definitions below, feel free to contact with any additional information, as the fund raising legaleze may vary from state to state.
Federal tax relief
- Relief of the poor, the distressed, or the underprivileged,
- Advancement of religion,
- Advancement of education or science,
- Erection or maintenance of public buildings, monuments, or works,
- Lessening the burdens of government,
- Lessening of neighborhood tensions,
- Elimination of prejudice and discrimination,
- Defense of human and civil rights secured by law, and
- Combating community deterioration and juvenile delinquency.